EFFECTIVE DATE: APRIL 2017
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- on the Website; and
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, do not provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features on the Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from a child less than 13 years of age without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child less than 13 years of age, please contact us at our Eleanor, WV headquarters.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
When you visit the Website, we may collect the following types of information from and about you:
1. Information That You Provide Voluntarily: We may collect information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, your company’s name, your postal address, your email address, your telephone number, and any other information which you submit voluntarily to us (“Information” or “PII”). We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us on the Website contact form and/or when you send us your resume. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem on our Website.
2. Information Collected Automatically/”Do Not Track” Signals: We use a third-party tracking provider to gather non-personally identifiable information (i.e., website, referring site, page visits, length of visit, and landing page) from certain visitors to our Website using Internet Protocol (“IP”) address tracking technology. This helps us identify businesses that visit our Website and those portions of the Website that they visit. We only collect information in this manner from those visitors who access the Website by means of a registered IP address. For example, if you visit our Website through a registered IP address, we will track your activity on our Website; however, this does not include PII about you. Instead, we would only know that a visitor from a registered business IP address visited the Website. Because we do not collect PII about visitors’ online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, we do not respond to “do not track” signals. If you visit our website by means of an unregistered IP address, we do not track your activity on our Website.
No other parties collect PII about your online activities over time and/or across different websites when you use our Website.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PII AND THE NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We may use and/or disclose the PII we collect about you as follows:
- when you complete and submit the Contact ARS form, we only use that information to respond to your inquiry. By submitting this information to us, you consent to our use of the information to respond to your request. For example, if you request information about a particular ARS service, we will use the information you submit to provide you with that information.
- when you submit your resume to us via the Website, we only use that information to consider you for employment. By submitting this information to us, you consent to our use of the information to consider you for employment.
- we may disclose PII that you provide to us to our affiliates and/or our contractors or vendors, but only for the reason(s) for which you submitted the information to our Website.
- we may use and/or disclose your PII to comply with any court order, law, legal process, to respond to any government or regulatory request, and/or to protect or defend our interests or the interests of our Website users.
- we may use and/or disclose your PII if we believe that disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ARS, our customers, or others.
- we may use and/or disclose your PII to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some of all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which the PII that we hold about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
We may use the non-personally identifiable information we collect through IP address tracking technology as follows:
- in combination with publicly-available information (i.e., business name, business location, and business telephone number) to contact business visitors to our Website; and/or
- to improve our Website.
DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
We have implemented physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the security of the PII that you submit to us through our Website. We will only retain PII for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the PII was submitted.
Appalachian Railcar Services, LLC
PO Box 800
Eleanor, WV 25070
Please note that we may not change any such information if we believe that such change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.